Future Prophecies of the Bible
Looking at future prophecies I would suggest reading two excellent books by Bill Salus and they are "The Now Prophecies" and "The Next Prophecies". He does an excellent job of studying future prophetic scriptures and splitting them actually into three groups Now, Next, and Last Prophecies. God has shown him that with the Now prophecies there is nothing that needs to happen for these to become reality in the now. These could happen at any time and I will list some of them below as listed in his book The Now Prophecies.
Also below you will find all of these scriptures by books and chapters along with other information and videos.
- Disaster of Iran - (Jeremiah 49:34-39)
- Final Arab-Israeli War - (Psalm 83), Decline of America (Ezekiel 38:13), (America is identified as the young lions of Tarshish)
- Destruction of Damascus - (Isaiah 17, Jerimiah 49:23-27)
- Toppling of Jordan - (Jerimiah 49:1-6, Zephaniah 2:8-10, Ezekiel 25:14)
- Terrorization of Egypt - (Isaiah 19:1-18)
- Expansion of Israel - (Obadiah 1:19-20)
- Vanishing of the Christians - (1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18)
Bill Salus on The Prophecy Watchers program with Gary Stearman
The Next Prophecies as stated in Bill Salus's books will follow the above and other prophecies and have prerequisites to them of things that should happen before these prophecies can be fulfilled. One of these is the Gog of Magog invasion as stated in Ezekiel 38, but you have to look at the state of Israel such as in Ezekiel 38:1-13. And as Bill Salus says "it appears Israel is greater in size, safer in national security and more economically prosperous than the Israel of today, making it a Next Prophecy." Bill Salus has what I think is a clearer view on the details of various scriptures and their meanings and what they actually say as far as the sequential timing for the prophecies.
As we watch the news these days we have seen how Russia has moved into Crimea and is continuing to deal with Ukraine. We have also since the end of September 2015 seen Russia move into Syria because of Assad asking Putin for help with ISIS. We see Russia moving further south towards Israel and as Ezekiel states below "Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal: and I will turn thee about, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them handling swords; We see Putin being pulled into this Syrian conflict now to help defeat ISIS.
For this prophecy to even happen it has taken the dismantling of the Ottoman Empire that happened at the end of WWI. Then the Arab states had to be created with Afghanistan 1919, Egypt 1922, Saudi Arabia & Iraq 1932, Iran 1935, Lebanon 1943, and Syria & Jordan 1946. And Israel became a Jewish state in 1948. And after the Nazi's had killed about 6 million Jews during WWII they were more than willing to leave Europe and go to Israel.
Israel has become a very prosperous nation and this is where Russia and her allies Turkey, Iran, and 9 other nations mentioned in Ezekiel 38 will band together to go after Israel's booty and want to destroy Israel. Russia wants Israel's Gas and Oil and has already in August of 2015 tried to make a deal with Netanyahu of Israel for some of their Gas in the Mediterranean gas fields. But Netanyahu turned down Putin on this back door deal. God will use His super-natural power thru earthquakes, pestilence, bloodshed, flooding rains, great hailstones, fire and brimstone to destroy Israel's enemies. This is all to show the world that God is the Lord of Israel according to Ezekiel 39:7. "So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel."
We are probably beginning to see the start of this Ezekiel 38 war that will along with several other prophecies turn into Armageddon towards the end of "The Great Tribulation." This is just another sign that we are not that far from the Rapture of true Jesus Christ Believers that should precede the beginning of "The 7 Year Tribulation."
Gary Stearman's Commentary on Ezekiel 38 and Russia
The Mystery of Sheba and Dedan
1. And the word of Jehovah came unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, set thy face toward Gog (Envelopment from Above or Roof), of the land of Magog (Central Asia and Russia), the prince of Rosh (Russia ), Meshech (Turkey), and Tubal (Turkey, Southern Russian and Iran), and prophesy against him,
3. and say, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal:
4. and I will turn thee about, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them handling swords;
5. Persia (Iran), Cush (Sudan), and Put (Libya) with them, all of them with shield and helmet;
6. Gomer (Turkey), and all his hordes; the house of Togarmah (Turkey) in the uttermost parts of the north, and all his hordes; even many peoples with thee.
7. Be thou prepared, yea, prepare thyself, thou, and all thy companies that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
8. After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, that is gathered out of many peoples, upon the mountains of Israel, which have been a continual waste; but it is brought forth out of the peoples, and they shall dwell securely, all of them.
9. And thou shalt ascend, thou shalt come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy hordes, and many peoples with thee.
10. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: It shall come to pass in that day, that things shall come into thy mind, and thou shalt devise an evil device:
11. and thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates;
12. to take the spoil and to take the prey; to turn thy hand against the waste places that are now inhabited, and against the people that are gathered out of the nations, that have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the middle of the earth.
13. Sheba, and Dedan (Saudi Arabia), and the merchants of Tarshish (World outside of Israel), with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take the spoil? hast thou assembled thy company to take the prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take great spoil?
14. Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: In that day when my people Israel dwelleth securely, shalt thou not know it?
15. And thou shalt come from thy place out of the uttermost parts of the north, thou, and many peoples with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company and a mighty army;
16. and thou shalt come up against my people Israel, as a cloud to cover the land: it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring thee against my land, that the nations may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.
17. Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Art thou he of whom I spake in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, that prophesied in those days for many years that I would bring thee against them?
18. And it shall come to pass in that day, when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord Jehovah, that my wrath shall come up into my nostrils.
19. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20. so that the fishes of the sea, and the birds of the heavens, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
21. And I will call for a sword against him unto all my mountains, saith the Lord Jehovah: every man’s sword shall be against his brother.
22. And with pestilence and with blood will I enter into judgment with him; and I will rain upon him, and upon his hordes, and upon the many peoples that are with him, an overflowing shower, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23. And I will magnify myself, and sanctify myself, and I will make myself known in the eyes of many nations; and they shall know that I am Jehovah.
Bill Salus and Gary Stearman: Psalm 83
A Song or Psalm of Asaph.
1. Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
2. For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
3. They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones.
4. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
5. For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
6. The tabernacles of Edom (Palestinians Southern Jordanians), and the Ishmaelites (Saudi Arabia); of Moab (Palestinians and Central Jordanians) , and the Hagarenes (Egyptians);
7. Gebal (Hezbollah and Northern Lebanese), and Ammon (Palestinians and Northern Jordanians), and Amalek (Arabs of the Sinai Area); the Philistines (Hamas of the Gaza Strip) with the inhabitants of Tyre ( Hezbollah and Southern Lebanese );
8. Assur (Syrians and Northern Iraqi's) also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah
9. Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
10. Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.
11. Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
12. Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
13. O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
14. As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;
15. So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
16. Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
17. Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
18. That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
Events in Egypt Fulfilling Isaiah 19 Prophecy?
1. The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.
2. And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
3. And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.
4. And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.
5. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
6. And they shall turn the rivers far away; and the brooks of defence shall be emptied and dried up: the reeds and flags shall wither.
7. The paper reeds by the brooks, by the mouth of the brooks, and every thing sown by the brooks, shall wither, be driven away, and be no more.
8. The fishers also shall mourn, and all they that cast angle into the brooks shall lament, and they that spread nets upon the waters shall languish.
9. Moreover they that work in fine flax, and they that weave networks, shall be confounded.
10. And they shall be broken in the purposes thereof, all that make sluices and ponds for fish.
11. Surely the princes of Zoan are fools, the counsel of the wise counsellors of Pharaoh is become brutish: how say ye unto Pharaoh, I am the son of the wise, the son of ancient kings?
12. Where are they? where are thy wise men? and let them tell thee now, and let them know what the LORD of hosts hath purposed upon Egypt.
13. The princes of Zoan are become fools, the princes of Noph are deceived; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.
14. The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
15. Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.
16. In that day shall Egypt be like unto women: and it shall be afraid and fear because of the shaking of the hand of the LORD of hosts, which he shaketh over it.
17. And the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt, every one that maketh mention thereof shall be afraid in himself, because of the counsel of the LORD of hosts, which he hath determined against it.
18. In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.
19. In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
20. And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
21. And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
22. And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be entreated of them, and shall heal them.
23. In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.
24. In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:
25. Whom the LORD of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.
19. And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
20. And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.
8. I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of Ammon, whereby they have reproached my people, and magnified themselves against their border.
9. Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them.
10. This shall they have for their pride, because they have reproached and magnified themselves against the people of the LORD of hosts.
Breaking: Trump's US Embassy Move to Jerusalem Will Affect Major Prophecy
1. The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
2. Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
3. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
4. In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.
5. And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.
6. In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.
7. The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8. In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.
9. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
11. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
12. And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
13. The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
14. All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
Egypt's 40 Year Desolation
Gary Stearman: The Tower of Syene and the Possible Nuclear Destruction of Egypt
1. In the tenth year, in the tenth month, in the twelfth day of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, set thy face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt:
3. Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.
4. But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.
5. And I will leave thee thrown into the wilderness, thee and all the fish of thy rivers: thou shalt fall upon the open fields; thou shalt not be brought together, nor gathered: I have given thee for meat to the beasts of the field and to the fowls of the heaven.
6. And all the inhabitants of Egypt shall know that I am the LORD, because they have been a staff of reed to the house of Israel.
7. When they took hold of thee by thy hand, thou didst break, and rend all their shoulder: and when they leaned upon thee, thou brakest, and madest all their loins to be at a stand.
8. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee.
9. And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it.
10. Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.
11. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.
12. And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
13. Yet thus saith the Lord GOD; At the end of forty years will I gather the Egyptians from the people whither they were scattered:
14. And I will bring again the captivity of Egypt, and will cause them to return into the land of Pathros, into the land of their habitation; and they shall be there a base kingdom.
15. It shall be the basest of the kingdoms; neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations: for I will diminish them, that they shall no more rule over the nations.
16. And it shall be no more the confidence of the house of Israel, which bringeth their iniquity to remembrance, when they shall look after them: but they shall know that I am the Lord GOD.
17. And it came to pass in the seven and twentieth year, in the first month, in the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
18. Son of man, Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it:
19. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon; and he shall take her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army.
20. I have given him the land of Egypt for his labour wherewith he served against it, because they wrought for me, saith the Lord GOD.
21. In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
This is an interesting latter day future prophecy because the area of Syene in Egypt is now Aswan where the Aswan dam has been built. So the 6th verse takes on significance and somewhat of a double meaning where it mentions "and the pride of her power shall come down: from the Tower of Syene". The Aswan dam was completed in 1970 and in the 1980's produced about 1/2 of Egypt's electricity. Today it produces about 13% because the use of electricity has grown so much. Most of the cities in Egypt are built along the Nile river that flows from the Aswan dam.
Now Ethiopia is building a dam that will slow the amount of water that runs into the Nile and into the Aswan dam. Egypt has been very upset about this issue and is threatening war with Ethiopia because the Nile's water is Egypt's life blood.
With desolation of cities spoken of here and knowing that Syene is the Aswan dam some prophecy teachers have speculated that at some time the Aswan dam could be destroyed with an atomic bomb in a war with maybe Ethiopia. This would then spread radioactive water down river to most of the Egyptian cities since they are built on the Nile river and also fulfill the Ezekiel 29 & 30 prophecy. And if this were to happen it would be devastating for Egypt. This would also cause the Egyptians that were left to be spread to other nations just like what is presently happening with the Syrians. Since the Ethiopian dam is to be completed in 2017 this could happen at any time from what the Egyptians are saying with possibly waging war with Ethiopia.
This would also go along with Isaiah 19 and the Nile river drying up if the Aswan was destroyed and the new Ethiopian dam dried up the Nile river into Egypt. No matter how this happens it will not be good for the Egyptians in Egypt.
Nile River Dam Threatens War Between Egypt and Ethiopia
1. The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying,
2. Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Howl ye, Woe worth the day!
3. For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.
4. And the sword shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down.
5. Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword.
6. Thus saith the LORD; They also that uphold Egypt shall fall; and the pride of her power shall come down: from the tower of Syene shall they fall in it by the sword, saith the Lord GOD.
7. And they shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are wasted.
8. And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I have set a fire in Egypt, and when all her helpers shall be destroyed.
9. In that day shall messengers go forth from me in ships to make the careless Ethiopians afraid, and great pain shall come upon them, as in the day of Egypt: for, lo, it cometh.
10. Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also make the multitude of Egypt to cease by the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon.
11. He and his people with him, the terrible of the nations, shall be brought to destroy the land: and they shall draw their swords against Egypt, and fill the land with the slain.
12. And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked: and I will make the land waste, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I the LORD have spoken it.
13. Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause their images to cease out of Noph; and there shall be no more a prince of the land of Egypt: and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt.
14. And I will make Pathros desolate, and will set fire in Zoan, and will execute judgments in No.
15. And I will pour my fury upon Sin, the strength of Egypt; and I will cut off the multitude of No.
16. And I will set fire in Egypt: Sin shall have great pain, and No shall be rent asunder, and Noph shall have distresses daily.
17. The young men of Aven and of Pibeseth shall fall by the sword: and these cities shall go into captivity.
18. At Tehaphnehes also the day shall be darkened, when I shall break there the yokes of Egypt: and the pomp of her strength shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity.
19. Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
20. And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
21. Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, lo, it shall not be bound up to be healed, to put a roller to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword.
22. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong, and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand.
23. And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
24. And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh’s arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.
25. But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt.
26. And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
Damascus has never been completely destroyed in all of history. We have been seeing over the last 4 years that Syria has been bombed and shot up by ISIS and other groups. Damascus in many areas has been bombed hard. But we have not seen as yet Damascus being taken away from being a city, and becoming a ruinous heap and being totally destroyed. In verse 14 it says "At eventide, behold terror; and before the morning they are not. this is the portion of them that despoil us, and the lot of them that rob us." You see here that the city will be standing at night but before morning it's no longer. It's possible now with Russia bringing in nuclear bombs that someone could set one off and fulfill this prophecy. Or with just continuous one night bombing of the city this could happen. This is just another sign that we are coming closer to the beginning of "The Great Tribulation."
Gary Stearman's Commentary on the Burden of Damascus
Syrian Capital Damascus: Bombed-Out Houses And Ruble For as Far as The Eye Can See ...This Shattered Landscape Is All That Remains of One Suburb in Syria's Capital
1. The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2. The cities of Aroer (Northern Jordan) are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
3. The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.
4. And in that day it shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax lean.
5. And it shall be as when the harvestman gathereth the corn, and reapeth the ears with his arm; and it shall be as he that gathereth ears in the valley of Rephaim.
6. Yet gleaning grapes shall be left in it, as the shaking of an olive tree, two or three berries in the top of the uppermost bough, four or five in the outmost fruitful branches thereof, saith the LORD God of Israel.
7. At that day shall a man look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.
8. And he shall not look to the altars, the work of his hands, neither shall respect that which his fingers have made, either the groves, or the images.
9. In that day shall his strong cities be as a forsaken bough, and an uppermost branch, which they left because of the children of Israel: and there shall be desolation.
10. Because thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and hast not been mindful of the rock of thy strength, therefore shalt thou plant pleasant plants, and shalt set it with strange slips:
11. In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seed to flourish: but the harvest shall be a heap in the day of grief and of desperate sorrow.
12. Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!
13. The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.
14. And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.
Jeremiah 49:1-6 is about Ammon which is today's modern Jordan area.
1. Of the children of Ammon. Thus saith Jehovah: Hath Israel no sons? hath he no heir? why then doth Malcam possess Gad, and his people dwell in the cities thereof?
2. Therefore, behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will cause an alarm of war to be heard against Rabbah of the children of Ammon; and it shall become a desolate heap, and her daughters shall be burned with fire: then shall Israel possess them that did possess him, saith Jehovah.
3. Wail, O Heshbon, for Ai is laid waste; cry, ye daughters of Rabbah, gird you with sackcloth: lament, and run to and fro among the fences; for Malcam shall go into captivity, his priests and his princes together.
4. Wherefore gloriest thou in the valleys, thy flowing valley, O backsliding daughter? that trusted in her treasures, saying, Who shall come unto me?
5. Behold, I will bring a fear upon thee, saith the Lord, Jehovah of hosts, from all that are round about thee; and ye shall be driven out every man right forth, and there shall be none to gather together the fugitives.
6. But afterward I will bring back the captivity of the children of Ammon, saith Jehovah.
23. Concerning Damascus. Hamath is confounded, and Arpad: for they have heard evil tidings: they are fainthearted; there is sorrow on the sea; it cannot be quiet.
24. Damascus is waxed feeble, and turneth herself to flee, and fear hath seized on her: anguish and sorrows have taken her, as a woman in travail.
25. How is the city of praise not left, the city of my joy!
26. Therefore her young men shall fall in her streets, and all the men of war shall be cut off in that day, saith the LORD of hosts.
27. And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall consume the palaces of Benhadad.
Jeremiah 49:34-39 is about Elam which used to be in south west Iran along the Iraqi border.
34. The word of Jehovah that came to Jeremiah the prophet concerning Elam, in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, saying,
35. Thus saith Jehovah of hosts: Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might.
36. And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.
37. And I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life; and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith Jehovah; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them;
38. and I will set my throne in Elam, and will destroy from thence king and princes, saith Jehovah.
39. But it shall come to pass in the latter days, that I will bring back the captivity of Elam, saith Jehovah.
1 Corinthians 15:51-52
51. Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
Gary Stearman's Commentary on the Army of Armageddon
12. And the sixth poured out his bowl upon the great river, the river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way might by made ready for the kings that come from the sunrising.
13. And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits, as it were frogs:
14. for they are spirits of demons, working signs; which go forth unto the kings of the whole world, to gather them together unto the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.
15. (Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.)
16. And they gathered them together into the place which is called in Hebrew Har-Magedon.
Drag & drop footer content here
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. - John 1:1-4
Copyright © 2015 JesusChristReturning.com
Copyright © 2020